Friday 29 July 2011

#ReasonsRuralRocks Top Ten July 25-29

I thought I would compile a Top Ten from the responses to #ReasonsRuralRocks (see previous post for background info) that showed up in my timeline this week.


10. You can dance like no on is watching because no one is!! @abruralgirl
9. Keeping your windows at home open and hearing the sounds of nature! @KendraKerrigan
8. Going to your neighbors' and surprising them for coffee and it isn't considered breaking in @return2rural
7. Open starry skies, flowers on dirt roads, fragrant fresh air, abundance of wildlife, commUNITY, escape... @dizzyraerae
6. Family-run restaurants that still serve REAL, fresh, home-cooked food. @ACSRC
5. Lower cost of living allowing me to work less and play more! @plind
4. Watching a storm roll in and smelling the scent of rain in the air. @MyRuralRoots
3. Water that tastes like water. @karla_kerrigan
2. Rush minute instead of rush hour. @ARDNpaul
1. Coming back home after years of being gone and hearing people call you by your first name. @onepercentyello


Thank you to all who sent in your ideas! I was totally impressed by the diversity and sheer number of comments. Let's keep this trend alive. Stay tuned to see who will make the Top Ten next week.


{In the spirit of #followfriday, I'm sure all of these tweeters would love to have some new followers!}

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Reminds me it's time to revive my Rural Advantages series. Sometimes we forget just how good we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! The Milky Way, the birds, the crickets, the silence, the dark nights. I now live in a small city and miss all of these things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the positive feedback! I'm really excited to see the trend spread, looking forward to a great Top Ten next week.

    ReplyDelete