Wednesday 27 July 2011

Starting a Trend

For someone who used to be opposed to the whole idea of Twitter, I can safely say that I am a Twitter convert. It truly is a wonderful networking tool. Every time that I check my timeline I find interesting news articles, updates on local events, and new people/groups with whom I share interests.

According to Return2Rural, where my fellow intern Larae is spending her summer, what was once the Wild West has become the Wired West. So many people and organizations interested in rural sustainability are making use of Twitter and other social networking sites to collaborate and share ideas.

If you are reading this post, chances are you have an interest in rural sustainability. I would love to hear the reasons why you believe that rural is great. Wouldn't it be great to see #ReasonsRuralRocks trend on Twitter? Help start the conversation and send me your thoughts @sherbani (be sure to use the #hashtag above).

If you love rural, let people know!



Resources
www.returntorural.ca
www.dizzyraerae.tumblr.com (Larae's blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment