Tuesday 30 August 2011

Blog in Transition

Hello Followers and Visitors,

First, let me start by saying thank you to all of you who have shown interest in my blog. I've appreciated the comments, mentions, and networking opportunities.

Technically, I am no longer required to keep a blog as of last Friday when my Rural Capacity Internship ended. But internship or no internship, I've grown to enjoy sharing stories of rural and discussing #ReasonsRuralRocks. I've been hired to do some program evaluation for my internship supervisors and will continue to work within the field of rural sustainability. For these reasons, it seems a shame to let this blog die.

On the other hand, I am no longer "Podcasting through the Prairies" (though there may be a small video component to the work that I will be doing). Likewise, this blog has evolved over the summer into less of an examination of the role of video in development and into more of a forum for fans of rural.

Therefore, I felt that there was a need to make a blog transition. I will continue to blog about things rural at my new blog Reasons Rural Rocks. All of the #ReasonsRuralRocks blog posts from this site will be copied over to the new one and it is my hope that the conversation will continue with new reasons every week. I encourage those of you who are following this blog to consider becoming followers of Reasons Rural Rocks.

Again, thanks for a great summer. This experience has strengthened my love of rural and that is definitely something that I am grateful for.

Please continue to send your #ReasonsRuralRocks to me @sherbani or post them on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment