Thursday 11 August 2011

Internship Highlight

The Rural Capacity Interns were asked by the Alberta Centre for Sustainable Rural Communities (ACSRC) to reflect on the internship highlights. Here is my highlight:

Growing up I was never ashamed to admit that I was a rural kid but I would be lying if I said that there weren’t times when I felt that living in a rural area had disadvantages. Of course, I know now that both urban and rural come with their own unique advantages and disadvantages. A highlight of the internship for me has been being able to connect with people, via social media, who share an appreciation for all things rural. It was exciting to learn that there is a movement to get people talking about rural in a new light. I think that as interns, we have played an important role in bringing fresh insight into the rural discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment